- Sustainable Development Report 2016 ENG
- Sustainable Development Report 2016 FR
- Sustainable Development Report 2017 ENG
- Sustainable Development Report 2017 FR
- Sustainable Development Report 2018 FR
- Sustainable Development Report 2018 ENG
- Sustainable Development Report 2019 FR
Safacam policies and procedures
- Certicat de conformité Environnementale – Certicate of environmental compliance
- Formulaire d’enregistrement des doleances et reclamations externe
- Liste de documents accessibles au Public
- Quality Policy
- Politique qualité
- Policy on health, safety and environment
- Politique en matiere de santé, de sécurité et d’environnement
- Policy on ethical conduct
- Politique en matiere de conduite éthique
- Policy on equal employment opportunities
- Politique sur l’égalité des chances en matière d’emploi
- Policy on sexual harassment
- Politique concernant l’harcèlement sexuel
- Policy on human rights
- Politique en matiere de droits de l’homme
- Policy on the protection of reproductive rights
- Politique en matiere de protection des droits à la reproduction
- Policy on child labour
- Politique concernant le travail des enfants
- Policy on the freedom of association and collecive bargaining
- Politique de liberté d’association et negociation collective
- Special labour policy
- Politique spéciale du travail
- Procédure de gestion des doléances ou réclamations externes
- Code éthique Employés et Entreprise
- Code éthique Fournisseurs
- Employee and corporate code of ethics
- Supplier code of ethics
Carbon stock assessment
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments
- Environmental and Social Impact Statement – Palm Oil Mill – PSG
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment – Extension 2 – Okomu
- Environmental, Social and Health Impact Assessment – SAC
- Environmental Impact Assessment – Oil Palm extension – SoGB
- Etude d’Impact Environnemental du projet de construction de l’huilerie de palme – SoGB
Below is a selection of key technical terms used in this dashboard and their definitions.
Click each word to reveal or hide the definition.
High Carbon Stock (HCS)
The High Carbon Stock approach is a methodology that “distinguishes forest areas for protection from degraded lands with low carbon and biodiversity values that may be developed,” according to the website of the HCS working group. The methodology classifies different types of forest and simplifies a system for determining go/no-go areas for conservation.
High Conservation Value (HCV)
High conservation value land is land that is biologically, ecologically, socially or culturally important. It can include high concentrations of endemic or rare/endangered species, landscape-level or rare/endangered ecosystems, important sources of ecosystem services, including resources for integral to the health, food and water security, and/or nutrition of local communities, or which carries cultural, historical or religions significance.
Fresh fruit bunches (FFB)
Fresh fruit bunches are the ripe fruit of oil palm trees, that are harvested for eventual refining and processing into oil.
Free, prior and informed consent (FPIC)
Local and indigenous communities are entitled to give or withhold their free, prior and informed consent for any interventions that might affect their lives or livelihood, under many United Nations conventions and treaties as well as many national legal systems. For example, see the Food and Agriculture Organization’s manual on FPIC. To comply with FPIC, Socfin will engage with these communities and solicit their active participation in undertaking transformative actions under its Responsible Management Policy; Socfin is also committed to addressing any grievances that arise during the process.
Traceability can have different definitions depending on different contexts, including who is doing the supplying of the raw materials.
Palm oil definition: Below is a summary of the data that Socfin must collect on each type of fresh fruit bunches (FFBs) source to meet its definition of traceability.
|FFB sources||FFB source definition||Data needed for traceability to FFB|
|Estate||>500 Ha under one management system||
|Dealers||Any entity that aggregates and supplies FFB from various growers||
|Smallholders||Smallholders (size varies according to each country)||