49 200 ha
As our business is closely linked to the natural environment, the Socfin Group strives, through our commitments and activities, to conserve the ecosystem balance and protect biodiversity.
Environmental protection has been an integral part of our corporate culture since the creation of our Group. This commitment is reflected in our compliance with ISO 14001 and RSPO environmental certifications, but also in the investments in our green energy and research departments.
Our environmental management practices, which are comparable across all our sites, cover every aspect of our operations:
- Water: We minimize water consumption, preserve water sources and maintain water purity through lagoons;
- Soil: We limit soil erosion, maintain and ensure soil fertility through reasoned fertilization supported by organic fertilizer;
- Waste: We encourage prevention and energy recovery or recycling through rigorous selective sorting in our industrial units;
- Biodiversity: We protect and/or recreate potential areas of animal and plant biodiversity;
- Ambient air: We prevent and reduce our air emissions, both direct and indirect;
- Materials consumed: We reduce the use of chemicals to a strict minimum;
- Energy: We use energy wisely and produce renewable energy, which benefits our sites and local people.
Details of our commitments and actions to protect the environment are available in our Sustainability Report (Chapter 4).
RSPO Secretariat and the Impact and Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (IMEL) team visited Socfindo Conservation
The member of RSPO Secretariat and the Impact and Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (IMEL) team visited Socfindo. The purpose of the visit is to understand how existing data needed in the metrics template are being collected on the ground and to understand the...
Congratulations to the latest graduates from Socfin Cambodia’s tapping school in the plantation of Coviphama! After successfully completing their one-month training they will join their new colleagues from the tapping teams on the field. Do you also want to join our...
The Socfindo Conservation team held a workshop to improve their knowledge and skills in tea blending techniques for various herbal tea.